11 February 2005

JB and the 52 Day Challenge

I earn my keep slinging code at a place called Layton Graphics. My main role is to do the weirdo stuff. Consequently, I'm either being pestered by someone who needs something weird to go down or I'm pestering somebody who knows what they're doing. I pester JB when I need an Adobe Acrobat plug-in to jump through a certain hoop. JB comes at things from a slightly different angle than do I, but that's to be expected. He's remarkable cat. He once told me he was 6'2", but I'd swear that he can, flatfooted, see over the top of my (almost) 6'1" crown. Let me assure you, his eyes are further than an inch from the top of his head. He used to be massive. I mean big. More than 300 pounds (two truckload half assload and three-quarter buttload for the metric readers). A variety of events conspired to make JB rethink his lifestyle and he uncorked a remarkable physio-nutritional gung-fuing on himself that he called the 52 day challenge. The transformation was unbelievable. Through careful attention to his diet and a new-found iron will, he ate thousands of calories a day and the weight melted off of him. You could see the difference week by week. Not only did he lose weight, he started working out, getting active, and turned into Dr Social Nite Life is the Rite Life. It was a real conversion. JB is a prime example that a person can transform themselves. He's not the guy I met, he's much better than that guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great story about you! My sentiments exactly!