02 August 2005

daily dose of w

Vice President mentioned Nigeria is a fledgling democracy. We have to work with Nigeria. That's an important continent.

GWB
11 October 2000
Presidential Debate in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period, I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never.

Rafael Palmeiro (Under oath, in front of Congress)

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to explain to the arbitrator how the banned substance entered my body. The arbitrator did not find that I used a banned substance intentionally.

Rafael Palmeiro (After being busted for testing positive for 'roids)

I'm sure there's a nice slot for RP in the Bush Administration.

UPDATE:

Dag! Gotta love being quasi-prescient. W with some Texas print types:

Well, Rafael Palmeiro is a friend. He's testified in public, and I believe him. He's the kind of person that's going to stand up in front of the klieg lights and say he didn't use steroids, and I believe him. Still do. -- GWB 2 Aug 2005


Why does he do this? Because he thinks he's invincible! From the same gaggle-esque Bushfest:

Q: But power is perception.

W: Power is being the President.

Kudos to Dan Froomkin for the goods.

No comments: