15 March 2005

Seven Steps of John White LSU

In a previous post, I made a crack about not being able to I feel lucky my way to a certain someone with a google of john white lsu. jjj pointed out that if I google of "john white" lsu, the promised land is within reach (It's now I feel lucky!). But that's not all. I was greeted with:
Angry French dudes with guns
Four slots down from JRW. How this can be?

I was a physics major at FSU back in the Before Time. I had gotten into the procrastinatory habit of not registering for classes until the night before -- we had phone registration and when you're looking to take E&M, it's not generally manditory to get right on it or you won't get a slot. Well, the night before I was on the road with the Rugby team (not the outstanding side, the men's side (although it looks like the men are better now!)). On the way back, I dialed in from a rest stop, and did the registration thing. It went swimmingly until I tried to sign up for John Albright's quantum mechanics class. Not available. Ohhhhhh fuuuug. Problem was, I was on a teaching assistantship and had to have at least 12 hours to keep it. QM was a big part of getting there. I knew I could get something sorted out if back at the department with 12 hours of something, but if I missed the registration deadline, I would be sucked into the bureaucratic hell you fall into if you late register. So I started entering random numbers. First hit was a 24 hour practicum in teaching. Delete. Second one (near as I can remember, title-wise) was History of the French Revolution taught by Dr Donald Horward (looks like it's nowEUH 4452 The Age of the French Revolution). Though it was only supposed to be a placeholder, I decided to take it. What a damn hoot! One of my favorite classes ever. Dr Horward is a grand character. Looks like he's running The Institute on Napoleon and the French Revolution.
Napoleon pointing and riding a horse at the same time

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grazielli Massafera ou Grazi bbb e as Salva Vidas a Ana de Biase nuas nas águas de março após tsunamis....Rio de Janeiro tem um verão em
pleno Março de 2005: E um calor de 40 Graus a sombra.....

Anonymous said...

Grazielli Massafera ou Grazi bbb e as Salva Vidas a Ana de Biase nuas nas águas de março após tsunamis....Rio de Janeiro tem um verão em
pleno Março de 2005: E um calor de 40 Graus a sombra.....